Current Model Reel:

High-Res Posters: http://chahleyb.blogspot.com/2010/03/update-and-posters.html

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Design in a Day Self-Challenge

Note: This post will be updated as progress is done. ANY critique is welcomed and may be incorporated at any time into the final design.

8:30-9:20 AM
Built the concepts, showed them to some friends for critique and now I'm going to clean up and paint them in Photoshop.

11:00 AM
Extremely rough Photoshop design below, to decide on color and overall flow (it will be refined later). The final design is meant to be a sculpture (well if it was made into one from the 3D model) that can be lowered into a manhole, the dolphin is reading a map upside-down. I'll also be making a sign for Phinizza Pizza, a pizzeria near the dolphins, if I have time today. I'll be starting on the 3D for the Photoshopped one now.


12:50 PM
Block Model getting close to complete, modified concept based on more dolphin reference (slenderized the dolphin's nose and brought back the dolphin under-bite).

1:20-2:20PM
Took a break.

3:40PM
All blocked in, dolphin is in a good pose but the fins aren't currently attached so there are creases. Here's a screen-shot from Softimage of current progress.


6:00 PM
Removed face pose to make texturing quicker, will re-apply it later. Added a neck fold that is in dolphins when they bend their head forward, moved brow further forward and modified various other things over all.


9:10 PM
Modelling and UV unwrap finished.

9:45 PM
Taking a break while Softimage bakes ambient occlusion maps.

11:30 PM
End day. I didn't get through the entire model but I must be at my best for the interview tomorrow. Sadly the dolphin will be unable to find it's way to the others until the map, signs and/or pupils are done. I didn't get to attempt 3Ds Max today but the demo is installed and is ready for mastering, after my interview. I plan to finish this model up Tuesday, including the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment